Thursday, July 16, 2009

THEME THURSDAY - STAGE

When I was young, I feared to be onstage. Mother taught me how not to be frightened. First, I must believe in my self. Second, everyone else has the same feelings. And third, she told me that the earth is the biggest stage where people act and speak. The audience will judge you. But the final judgment will come from the Chairman of the Board of Judges, GOD.

With this in mind, I was able to overcome my fear. I joined a lot of oratorical contests and won. I joined the Dramatics club in high school and I was applauded. I sang "The Greatest Performance of My Life" live at the Activity Center of an old mall in my middle age.

Now, I can be onstage anytime. Be it for the church, be it in Rotary, be it at the office. My career was moving gently towards the top because of the stage. The largest stage I am performing at is a risky one. The stage where people have various interests but one thing is common. Each actor wants what he likes. And that makes my life complicated.... especially if your role is like mine.